Hi. Remember this? Well, you wrote this when you're 24 years old. So six years have passed? How have you been? Let's see if things have changed.
So now, I'm extremely bored of studying for my Hygiene and Epidemiology state exam that I've decided to write a nonsense letter to my future self. Great! I can see that my future is gonna be just "so bright". Well anyway, having said that, let's recount the things you've done for the past 24 years of your life. Well... Sort of...
First off, I'm now in my fourth year of my medical studies. Life has been rather filled with ups and downs. Having a bit of relationship problems with some people who just are basically inconsiderate and selfish. Still struggling to get through medical school without having a breakdown. So if you are, remember this. You have made it through then, why can't you now? Just remember you've been through worse, you can get through anything. But then again, what do I know what you've been through? Maybe the situation you're in now is even worse than those you've faced in med school right? But please, if anything fails, I really hope you still keep your faith. I know you may think that things are rather unfair, but do remember that God really loves you and what you're going through, HE totally understands and knows every single tear you've cried even and is crying Himself. But this all has to happen because HE has bigger plans for you. And HE's just pushing you to be better than yourself. So don't ever give up. Dream big girl!!!!
Well then, so I've gotten a bit sidetracked. Let's get back to our life now. The 24-year-old you or rather going to be 24-year-old you, just got a puppy at home which is called Benny. He's just 3 months old now. Bet he's a real big boy already. Maybe you should show him a picture of him now which I have tons of in my hand phone. Okay, so none of my brothers are married but at least my eldest brother has a girlfriend already. So I'm crossing my fingers and assuming that he's married now and has children and you're definitely an aunt now.
Okay, I've done school life. Family life. Okay, maybe I should say something about your various relationships. First, friendships. Well, currently, I'm very close to the people in my class, which I shall list down in case you've forgotten. There are Evon, Yu Xin and Ian (well, these three are the people you hang out with the most). Evon is currently the girl that I always gossip and shop with. Yu Xin is the girl that kinda forces me to study and takes care of me. Ian's, well, the person I've set as threshold for studying.... Lol!! Oh and my another close friend is Yeng Tong, who's in sixth year now and going to graduate soon. Gonna miss her lots!!! Hope you still keep in touch with these people. Please do... Even though I know from past records, it doesn't look too good. But please.................................................. Tell me you still call them from time to time... Do you?!!! Okay, close friend...close friends... Let's think. Who else? Oh, Douglas - the one who can cook and bake very well... My "sister" hahahaha.... Yee Yong - the one who always like to bully me. Speaking of bully, I seem to have a bit of affinity towards bullying by the See's. Cause there's another See who likes to bully me as well. See Hong Yih... But this guy has been an unexpected good friend.
Currently I'm staying with Adeline, Terri and Sanggeeta in apartment 26 on the street of Karlovo Namesti 15. Yeng Tong and Lee Peng's staying on the floor above me. Evon, Douglas and Yee Yong's in the apartment in another building.
Church friends... Hmm... Well, so far, I have quite a limited number of friends from the Catholic church I'm attending every week in Malostranske Namesti. There are Michael, Charlie (these two guys really supported me a lot when I was going through really hard times. They're like my brothers. I do hope you're still in contact with them too), Veronica (the lady who always sits with me during mass every Sunday and a super nice friend), Joseph and family (the warden whose family always asked and showed concern when they noticed I did not go to church for a very long time), Robert (Swedish guy who's a really nice guy but it's definitely been a while since I last saw him though. Hopefully he's still around in Prague), Solan (french mother from Reunion Island who I always go to Stations of the Cross with) and a few of the Phillipinos whose names I have trouble remembering but are always friendly to me. And Dave who's gone back to the US. Well, the friends I have in my own church are more of the assorted kind and not the all-students kind in the other church.
Okay, the best part. So far, I have zero boyfriends before. So far, I haven't been able to stay loyal to a crush for a long time. I don't have the vision of getting married or settling down as I don't want to be tied down by family life while I'm pursuing my career. So, how much have you changed? Have you changed some of these views? I seriously wonder.... Because so many people have told me that I will change my views in the future. So I really wonder if it's true... Wait, are you married now? Don't tell me you have kids already?!!! If it's true, then I guess you'll be beating yourself thinking to yourself, "Oh, those were the days when I had those kinds of thoughts..." O.M.G.. O.O
So dreams.... What dreams do I have now? Let's see... Well, I wish that I'll be either a surgeon or an anesthesiologist. So are you either of these? Or have you changed? Well, if you've given up, I really hope this will trigger your memory and bring back the fire and passion you had six years ago. If you're really one of these, great job!!! Proud of you. If you're still on the way, which is more likely, keep fighting on. You'll be there soon enough.
So, whatever it is, I hope you remember that you were once young and had dreams which I really hope you've fulfilled. If not, don't stop dreaming. If you're still dreaming, it's still good. Well... at least you still have this ability... hahaha... Either ways, I'm proud of you cause I'm sure you've given your best shot. Bye, 30-year-old me.
Lots of hope and passion
24-year-old you


0 comments:
Post a Comment