Went to my mom's friend's place during easter. My mom's friend is a czech, so naturally, I experienced how Czechs live.
Had czech food for every single meal. And honestly, I must admit that I seriously cannot stand "mat salleh" food. I mean, their food is definitely waaaaayyyy different from ours.
On the first day, we arrived quite late but then, she insisted that we had our snack before we went out. So, we had a taste of "mat salleh" soup, which was different that what I had in Menza. It was a very healthy soup, according to her. After that, she brought us to watch a concert for Easter. It was nice because it was like really those "classical" concert.
In the evening, she taught us how to make dumplings. We made the dumplings while she prepared other stuffs for the dumplings. She had to ask her husband to show us how to eat the dumplings. Lol!! So we just followed. The first few bites were fine, but then towards the end, as we are not used to eating sweet stuffs for dinner, I just grew "muak" of the dumplings. But, at least, I did learn how to eat the dumplings traditionally and even know how to make them.
The next day, I overslept but my mom went to help her prepare breakfast. Good thing my mom chose scrambled eggs cause seriously, I thought I would die because of not being able to adapt to the food. Best thing was, of course scrambled eggs wasn't enough, so there were other types of food to fill us up. However, those were sweet stuffs as well. Man...I was thinking of maybe just go on with a little hunger. But then, she told us to eat the bread and fruits. Then, she served us with "musli" which she made herself. I must admit though, the musli was very nice.
She brought us to a look-out tower, where a student of hers works. The thing here is that she actually told him that she was going to have Malaysian visitors and promised to bring us to him. I mean, "promised"? Fuah...She was really very warm hearted and very excited about our coming and all. And while she and my mom were talking to him, somehow, in the end, we got to know his birthdate and name date and my birthdate as well. Sigh.........And somehow, the guy knows my name without any introduction. I guess, my mom's friend must have been really excited about our coming that she kept on telling him about us. Lol!!
In the afternoon, we had wild boar in Svidchova sauce which was a luxurious czech meal. It's a very expensive dish in restaurants. I welcomed the finally "salty" food. It was very nice. Even so, I still prefer our Malaysian food though. Hihi...
This trip was really an "eye-opener" to me. I mean, I finally got the "mat salleh"'s way of eating as in the sequence during their meals and all.
Along the way back to Prague, the scenery was superb!! I mean, it makes me realise, I'm actually living in the West kinda feeling. Some of the forest look like the ones in Twilight scene. Damn nice. The lakes....and all. Seriously, this trip is really worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment