It's finally my 200th blog and yes, I know, I should have written it yesterday and it would have been the "200th blog on 11.11.11". I know, a bit running slow on my reaction and thinking time these few days.
So I was thinking about what should I write for my 200th blog? Well, basically, nothing much happened in my life the past few weeks despite the fact that I've been going to various kinds of activities available here in Prague as not pricey and not time consuming such as swimming in one of the high-end gyms here for FREE.
Well, recently, I've gotten myself into squash. This sport I would highly recommend to people to try it out. Seriously, it was really fun with all the adrenaline rush and at the end, you'll be satisfied with the amount of exercise you've done. However, I would seriously ask people who are going to try it out to be extra careful as I nearly broke my ankle last night. It was similar to what happened to my friend last time. My foot stuck to the ground while I while running sideway and I would say that it's God's protection that I fell in sort of a way that prevented me from breaking my ankle. Wow...after I fell down, as I felt the strain that almost broke my ankle, I was just plain thankful that nothing happened.
Ah well, here's the cream of the blog today. "Juicy" stuffs. Well, not exactly. Anyway, so yesterday, as I was discussing about how hard it is to let go of someone whom you really like, somehow we came to discuss about the people that I've liked. After I've discussed it, I found out that I didn't exactly regret liking the one person I truly liked last time. He was definitely a great person. And I'm truly glad that he's found someone who's similar to him.
And to be honest, despite the fact that I've been trying to convince myself that repeating year was not a big deal, somehow the thought would always popped into my head. Then, the other day, a friend shared with me this verse.
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58
And whenever the thought of my failure popped into my head, this verse would always just come back in time and stopped myself from getting depressed.
And my mom sent me a verse as well.
Malachi 3:3 says, "He will sit still as a refiner and purifier of silver." Well, of course this mere verse won't make any sense, but the following description made me smile to myself. In refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities and he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time and he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. And to know when the silver is truly refined, is when the silversmith can see his own image in it. So,if today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eyes on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment