Beauty of Life
this site the web

Fear of "death"

There was once a moment in my life that I was truly afraid of being dead. And there were times every so frequent that I would lose someone I love to death, by old age or diseases. There will never be enough preparations for you to cope with the loss when you actually have to face it I do realize that.

However, as time goes by, I've slowly grown that I'm no longer scared that I'll die but still afraid of losing someone close. Partly, it's because I know I've lived my life quite to the fullest and I've been blessed to be able to do so much in my life. And partly, I've come to learn that death in this life doesn't mean you have eternal death, rather it's the beginning of a new life with God in heaven.

Of course, if I were to die now, I would still have regrets about not finishing the things I do now and there are still so much in the world which I haven't explored, still I believe that the duration of your life is actually just another blessing from God and besides, what else could be more beautiful or interesting than spending time with God in heaven? And when I looked at the lives of other people, especially those who died early in their lives, I just feel so blessed to be able just breathe and having the chances to fulfill dreams which these people didn't even have the time for.

Last Sunday, which was Easter Sunday, the priest in church was telling us about a certain student of his who had just passed away from cancer. And the priest said when he talked to the wife of his student, the wife told him something spectacular. She told him, as her husband passed away on Good Friday, that before her husband passed away, as she was grieving for him, he told her to be happy for him because he would be celebrating Easter with Jesus on Easter Sunday.

When I heard the story, I was so amazed. And then I realized, even if I were to die, I would have the privilege to spend all the holidays and even every single day with God. After the sermon, you could just see the smiles on everyone's face. It's like everyone was lifted from the fear of death. Because it's a promise. From God to His people, that we will have eternal life with Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies