Beauty of Life
this site the web

The mystery of my name finally solved...Lol!!!

I've lived with my name, well, my whole life. I mean, my christian name. Well, I had problems with BOTH my christian and chinese name since loooooooong long time ago. Sad huh? Ah well, if you're me, you'll somehow come to a point where you just don't care at all. 

My chinese name is something very easy to write and remember even for kids in early primary school, or even in kindergarten. And sad to say, ever since I started schooling, I had been teased because of it until I reached secondary school when I seldom used my chinese name anymore. When my grandfather first gave me another chinese name which is the reverse sequence in writing of my name when I was born, he meant it for a good purpose.Luckily, my mom, knowing that it would cause me trouble, told him to write it in the reverse sequence. Unfortunately, even if it's the reverse, I was still teased by friends in school last time. But then again, my chinese name gave me good memories as well now that I think of it. There was a friend of mine who would call me not by my chinese name but by the last character of my name and doubling it. Lol!!! And because my mom who got to know about that friend calling me that, had been teasing me about it as well, and grew fond of that friend. Hahaha...Well, can't really blame her. Of course, every mother would be fond of people who likes her daughter.

Then, there's my christian name. This name of mine brought even bigger trouble to me than my chinese name because I used it more often and because it's such a foreign name to the people in my hometown. People have trouble pronouncing my name ever since I could remember. Trust me, I have heard like dozens of different kinds of pronunciation of my name. And I used to think that it's a very old fashioned name, until the other day, a friend asked me what's the correct pronunciation and meaning of it and I googled it.

Ever since I came to Prague, or rather Europe generally, because people from all over Europe told me the same thing when I introduced myself, that I got to know that my name was of Italian origin. The Italians were of course especially excited when I told them my name of course...hahaha... When I googled it the other day, it really is of Italian origin and it means "free" or "free person" in general. And as to the mystery of how to pronounce my name correctly, I've finally solved it. It is meant to be pronounced as how I would introduce myself in Europe after I came here.

As I read through the article on my name, I've come to love it. The story of famous people with this name..The general character of people with this name..hahaha...Apparently it's one of the names growing in popularity in the recent years. Hehehe...So in order to have my name being pronounced uniformly, I'll introduce myself as how I do now here even in Malaysia and I'll tell everyone it's an Italian name...Muahahaha.... Ok, i think somehow the revision of Pathology has somehow got to me..=P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies