Recently, I just finished a very good book called "The Shack". It is about a spiritual journey of a father who lost his child in a super cruel way and how he actually met God. Amazing huh? Yup, and best of all, it's a true story apparently.
I must say, this book has done me lots of good. I cried most of the time when I was reading it.
Anyway, on Friday during bible study, we learnt something about always remaining in Christ when we are doing something and things might just fall apart if you don't. And for me, it's so true.
Throughout this whole time when I started studying medicine, apparently, I lost my vision and focus and I fed on my identity as a medical student rather than my purpose of studying medicine. And that's when it all fell apart.
Somehow this topic has touched me deeply and something in "The Shack" actually struck something inside of me. In the book, it was said that God doesn't meant for bad things to happen, (bad things happen only because Satan is at work), God will try to make the best out of the situation - greatest work of love out of it. So after the bible study, I realised that because my start out point in studying medicine has been wrong, I slowly drifted away from God, things fell apart and God is starting to make the best out of this ordeal of mine, to show me His unfailing love for me.
After reading this book, there's a part that stuck in my mind deeply. That is, even when the worst thing is happening, God is always there, the Holy Spirit is there with us throughout the whole way even though we may not realise that. And that the Holy Spirit is collecting every single tear we cry and it's the most precious thing to God. It's just so amazing when I realise how much God loves me, loves everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment