Beauty of Life
this site the web

"it's not the failure that matter, but being able to stand up after you fail"

This morning went for biochem exam. Was a bit more relaxed than the days before because I felt that I had done my very best.

Unfortunately, as unpredictable as the weather in Prague, so was my examiner's mood. When he first came in, he was all smile and all.

However, after the first student, who again was unfortunate on the making, screwed up and wasn't even able to answer the first question well enough, making the examiner super frustrated. So in the end, when it came to my turn, I had the angriest examiner on Earth.

True enough, even though when I sat down, he did put up a smile, as soon as I started my answer, his face turned sour, more like turning into a prune, the face all crumbled up. Sigh.......

For the first 2 questions he was quite satisfied with my answer. However, when it got to my third and fourth questions, even though I was answering and getting all the basic, he was still not satisfied and failed me.

Well, basically I think I should have passed because the informations I gave him was worthy of it. I asked him for a second chance, saying that there were no more places left more next week's exam, all he said was, "I didn't force you to take your exam next week. You still have next year." Wtf??!! Yup, that's what I thought also.

When I left the room, I was lost for a while in the ancient building where you have sort of secret pathways and all. And in the despair of feeling lost, I just lost it. I cried like hell when I climbed the stairs to the exit.

I cried really hard. The people that passed by was looking at me weirdly. And worst of all, during the exam and after the exam, I really felt like passing out. My head felt dizzy the whole time I was answering the questions, probably because I was too stressed. Anyway, after the big cry, I'm glad that I did cry because it just felt like a certain weight being lifted from my shoulders. Funny it may seem, but I felt relieved actually and of course anger a bit, but relief for sure.

I remembered my priest saying that failure is not what's important, but the ability to climb up and continue the journey is what's important. Well, what to do? I should fight on.............

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies