It's amazing how God seems to speak to us in ways we never thought about. It always occur to me as a surprise as to how much God loves me, that He, the Almighty and Loving One, would try to reaffirm me His unfailing love for me and comfort me in times when I am down.
Today, in the Catholic calendar, it's the Feast of the Virgin Mary's Nativity. Normally I would go to Holy Mass for this feast but as there is limited English Masses here in Prague, I had to stay home and read through the reading myself through a catholic website.
The gospel reading was taken from Matthew 1:1-23 and the first reading was taken from Rom 8:28-30.
After reading these two passages, I knew that God is talking to me and encouraging me in this time of despair. When I read through the explaination of the readings in the website, I was even more reaffirmed that God really loves me sooooooooo much and that He's always there encouraging me and comforting me through different ways.
"At Vatican II, the Church called Mary "a sign of certain hope" (The Church, 68). She is a sign that no matter how things look or how we feel, the Lord has plans for our welfare, not for woe; plans to give us "a future full of hope" (Jer 29:11). Mother Mary was present at the foot of the cross. Even at Calvary, the Sorrowful Mother was a sign that times were changing from death to resurrection. Jeremiah prophesied: "The sorrow you have shown shall have its reward...There is hope for your future, says the Lord" (Jer 31:16, 17)." - OBOB
From then, I know that everything I'm going through now, God has His reasons. I just have to trust in Him. How awesome is He!!!!!
Now matter how things look or how we feel, the Lord has plans for our welfare, not for woe...-OBOB
Posted by
Bubbly89
, Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM, in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment