Beauty of Life
this site the web

Things forgotten

Was talking to a friend about how depressed I was when suddenly what she said reminded me of some of the things my friend in church Charlie told me. My friend was sharing with me about what she has gained after going through certain ordeals and things wouldn't have been if not for going through those things. She told me that for now we couldn't see why He did things now but we will understand in the future. And then it struck me.

Charlie once told me, right after he got to know that I was going to repeat year and seeing how sad i was, if only we could fast forward the time and see what He has in store for us, for making us go through what we are going through, then we'll see the rewards that He has for us. However, as it is impossible, so we can either continue to be angry at God or just completely trust in Him.

"Completely trust in Him" was the part i've forgotten. Despite seeing Charlie every Sunday, it never occured to me this phrase. It was tucked away in some "ulu" place in my brain. And slowly, I was succumbing to the ever-empowering depression until what my friend said somehow triggered the memory of the phrase.

Before this, I kept on thinking that there must be a reason for things that happened but I failed to completely trust in Him. I was more like just reciting to myself everything's gonna be ok and all and just somehow only focused on my sufferings and things that I've lost but failed to count the blessings and the things that I've gained. I mean, in just such a short period after I've known that I was going to repeat year, so many good things have happened to me. Things for sure I know would not have happened if not for this ordeal I was going through.

What I gained? So many things. Things like I realised how people actually care for me, i mean people i never thought would. And how I have been relieved from things that would have continued to press on me if I have not repeated the year.

And all these things just reminds me how much I'm being loved by HIM. How He always sent people to encourage and comfort me. It's just so amazing to think how precious I am to Him to even have Him arrange so many things to keep me going when I'm going down. HIS love is just so amazing!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies