Beauty of Life
this site the web

Wedding Vows

Today is the Feast of the Holy Family for our catholic church. So, basically, today the whole mass will focus on the institution of family. Then there's this part where the priest asked the married couples to renew their marriage vows.

They were asked to recite the whole vows. Even though it was not asked of them, but you can see that all the couples were holding hands. First, the husbands said their vows. At this moment, I saw how the lovingly the husbands were looking at their wives. It was totally a very super sweet moment. Despite that they were standing in front of everyone, but it seemed that all that could see was their wives kinda thing. Then, the wives said their vows as well.

After that, our priest said that there was one thing left that he didn't ask them to do and that he had forgotten before and he felt grounded that time, and that was he said, "You may kiss your bride." Was so super sweet as you can see how the couples were like really just so loving.

Groom: I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.
Bride: I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

I was totally moved when I saw how loving the couples were. After that, I really wish that my wedding will be held in a Catholic church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies