Beauty of Life
this site the web

Reaffirmation

Went to church today. Church has the yearly festival going on. All the church members were barbecuing and.............................I couldn't take part because of the stupid exams queuing up. Hmph!! It's always like this. I wonder will I ever have the chance to join them during these six years. Sigh.........

Never mind. Because of the festival, the mass was held in the big church rather than the chapel. Waited outside the chapel with a few Philipinos and talked to one of them. Very nice people indeed. Very welcoming people.

Anyway, when we entered the church, a shock just swept over me because there was, Mr Mrcek, my physiology lab teacher, standing with his wife and kids. I was of course confused what I should do. Wanted to exchange greetings but didn't know how so chose to just sit down and greet him after mass. But, I didn't do in the end as well. Don't know why. Like there was no right time kinda thing.

However, that's not the main thing that happened today. As Father William wasn't around, so the mass was preceeded by the spanish priest and you bet, I had to really strain my ears and my parieto-occipital association area to understand whatever he's saying. Then suddenly while we were lifting up our prayers, the priest said, "O Lord, You've brought us till here and made us who we are, we know that You'll continue to bring us on." Okay, those weren't his exact words but the meaning was something like that. I was like, my jaw almost fell off. I mean, it's like my thoughts were being read kinda thing. Then I realised that God was actually talking to me through the priest. So I understand that He will be with me and guide me through the exams that are coming up.

I realised like how many times God tried to reaffirm my faith and was encouraging and comforting me through this super tiring and straining and torturous journey. First, the Philipino who talked to me and told me how hard this opportunity is and how I can actually help people in the future. Then, there was the priest. And like countless times, during these past few days while I was feeling super stressed about the coming exam, He was there always, showing me signs and talking to me, comforting me and like was saying, "My daughter, be strong. You're going to be fine. I want you to be an instrument for me in the future."

Thank you Lord. Thank you for all the signs You sent to me. Thank you for reaffirming my faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies