Beauty of Life
this site the web

Stress

Stress. I wonder how many millions or probably every student feel this "feeling" when they are studying. I bet too many times they felt like that every time there's exam, pressure from elsewhere (most likely, from their own pride...yada yada yada.)

Anyway, while I was studying physiology just now, I was suddenly in "stress" mode without any reasons. Probably from the fact that my stupid exam is like, er, less than a week away and that I am still like halfway through.

Then, I started thinking. Why am I stressed over exams? Why? I thought about most likely it's because I want to just pass my exams and then get my ass back home. Well then, I was thinking, what's the point then of studying medicine? The moment I started thinking about this, it hit me. The purpose of me studying medicine was not because of anything but because of wanting to become a useful doctor in the future that can help others.

So, to become useful, I need knowledge right? Isn't that the whole purpose of studying medicine in university? And I realised, exams are just the proof of the level of our knowledge rather than one of the milestones. I mean, after all I chose to study medicine not because of the exams right?

So many times, my purpose of becoming a doctor was being "polluted" by the many exams that came my way and still are coming my way that I totally forgot about it. And that this whole thing is just a journey to my final goal.

I guess it's harder to do than say when you're supposed to think about going home and all. Yeah, that's one of the main things that keep on bothering me about how fast I should pass my exams and all. And I would say, this is also one of the things that clouded my vision.

Wait, I think I kinda deviate from my original thinking. Anyway, I was watching about a video where a medic student commited suicide because of the amount of stress he had. So I was wondering, why he would do that when the purpose of studying medicine was not just because of passing the exams? I mean, didn't he make the choice of studying medicine because he wanted to help people?

In the end, what's the reason that cause people to be stress when they're studying medicine? Is it because of passing the exams? Or, is it because of the amount of knowledge that we need to know? If it's because of exams, why do people choose to study medicine? Is it because of passing exams? Or, is there any other purpose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies