Once again, I was surprised by how God is always there, trying to talk to us through different mediums and ways.
Today, in the Holy Mass, the priest gave a homily that really touched me because I was able to relate to it after what I have been through. He listed 3 main points.
First, how Jesus always prayed before he made a big decision or did something. Likewise, we should do so. For things great and small, we can always pray to God for help and guidance before anything.
Second, who God is to us? He said, one thing very clear is what we are to God. To Him, we are His children and He loves us so much. He is always there with us, taking care of us. He tries to prevent us from being hurt and gives us the best things. This was the part where I was touched. I knew that, in that instant, that God was telling me that He loves me even though what has happened and that He has His reasons. He is there with me all the time. And so what is He to me? He's a friend and a father.
Third, we have to carry our own crosses in this life. The priest was telling about a story where a man asked God he needed help to escape from the things that were happening in his life. So God agreed to help him, he asked him to choose a cross from many in a room while He's waiting outside. When the man came out and told God which cross he had chosen, he told God that he's thankful for the cross that he's bearing in his life and that he's thankful that God was always with him while he's bearing his cross. I realised that in life there are many crosses that we have to carry, but God is also there with us through every step we take.
I'm so grateful for the message that I received today. He's truly there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment