I just realised that actually this Chinese New Year had a lot to offer me. I know, it's been ages since CNY but new things kept on popping into my head every now and then.
I used to be close to 2 of my cousins, a younger cousin sister and an older cousin brother. My cousin brother is a year older than me. We used to be very close. There was a period of time where the three of us were the only young ones so we always played together.
But somehow, as years gone by, I didn't know why but I just realised that it was my fault that somehow our relationship just suddenly became kinda far. We didn't talk to each other during family occasions and stuffs like that. Slowly, we grew apart. In fact, during the following years after I started not talking to them, we didn't even exchange a word every year. Pathetic right? My own cousins...
Then, that day when I went back for Chinese New Year, I didn't know what got into me but I somehow changed and just had conversation with practically everyone. In fact, when my brother's friends visited us, my brother actually talked less to them than I did.
Then, I met my cousins I mentioned before. The cousin brother whom I grew further apart (because the other cousin was in the same school as me, at least we did talk a bit during the 5 years of course) became quite comfortable with me when I just showed a small friendly gesture - smile. I was quite surprise how the events turned out to be. He defended me when my brother "bullied" me. He shared with me a lot of things. We actually talked a lot and I realised how it was actually my fault that things became how they were before then.
Probably it's because I have left home that I began to see things more clearly now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment