Beauty of Life
this site the web

12/1/2010
10.00 am - Started reading genetics.
10.30 am - Went to sleep because watched the whole night of series the night before.
11.30am - Prepared to go to class
5.45pm - Came back from class and browsed through the internet.
8.00pm - Went through genetics again.
8.30pm - went to sleep because of my daily "afternoon" nap
9.30pm - Started going through my genetics again.
9.50pm - Too stressed so started watching korean series "All about Eve"
So all in all, how long did I spend on my genetics? Quite long right?

13/1/2010
1.30 am - Another attempt to read my genetics. For 2 hours, alternating every 5 minutes with my "All about Eve" series.
3.00am - Went to sleep
9.30 am - Cooked breakfast + Browse through internet + Lepak
10.30am - Real attempt to start reading Genetics
11.30am - Alternate with watching my series
12.30 pm - Realised not enough time to finish studying before test.
1.00pm - Realised one of the presentations could not be downloaded, which is of course a very important topic.
1.30 pm - Went for my test.
4.00 pm - Results of test were announced. I FAILED.

I guess, it's really "padan muka". I mean, now that I think of it and counted, I actually barely studied for 5 hours. Lol!! And this is also partly because I was too overconfident. I was too confident that Genetics wouldn't be tough so I didn't care much about it.

When I was doing my test, I knew I was going to fail because I really didn't know how to answer as one of the "big" questions was about the topic which the presentation I could not download. And then there's this another question which involved another topic which I overlooked because I thought it's too easy. Stupid me!! Too snobbish that's why I failed.

Honestly, when the teacher announced my name that I need to retake the test next week, I was so ashamed as I was the only one of the few who failed. I mean, the test, I must say was super easy IF got study properly, as in at least a day not less than 5 hours. So ashamed of myself. Of course, I learnt my lesson of being overconfident will actually kill oneself. Lol!!!

As I pondered on my situation along the way to the bank, I realised I had been neglecting the values which Jesus taught us, that is to be humble. In my process of studying, I realised I slowly forget my values and straying further and further from God.

I really pray that I will not do the same mistake again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

W3C Validations

Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Morbi dapibus dolor sit amet metus suscipit iaculis. Quisque at nulla eu elit adipiscing tempor.

Usage Policies